

Committee meeting of the Invercargill Contract Bridge Club Wednesday 16th August 7.00pm.

Minutes

Present

Cheryl Foley, Sue Scott, Greg Buzzard, Grant Milne, Lindsay Glover, Pauline Sutherland, Janice Hodson, Jane Carroll

APOLOGIES:

Chris McDonald, Anne Somerville, Jan Brown

Apologies Accepted

Moved: Lindsay

Seconded: Grant

Matters arising from the Minutes:

MINUTES:

Confirmation of Minutes of committee meeting 19th July 2023.

Moved: Sue

Seconded: Grant

CORRESPONDENCE: To be dealt with as read. Highlighted = put into General business

INWARDS:

Helene Labreche	need to reach members - HI, I am the person responsible for membership at our club. We need either an email or mobile number for 2 of your members who play online ...	2:17 PM
Secretary	Board meeting & Conference Minutes - To Club Secretaries & Regional Committees Hi there. I have attached a copy of the minutes from our board meeting held 10 th J...	1:15 PM
otagosouthland.brid.	FW: Bridge Teachers Conference - Good morning OS Clubs Just a wee note to check that you all have the below email on your radar for your teachers of bridge. Also a ...	12:04 PM
gosouthland.brid.	FW: ABC of Congress - Hi Team A friendly reminder to mention National Congress to your members again please. Cheers Carole From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge....	Aug 14
Catherine Howard	2023 08 11 - RUGBY WORLD CUP 2023 - Notification - Kia Ora Koutou The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 has been temporarily amended for the Rugby World Cup ...	Aug 11
Rae Dorricott	Intermediate tournament - Good afternoon Noeline Eason and myself are entered for the intermediate tournament to be held on 19 August. Can we please be seated no...	Aug 10
Spark	We ran the numbers on your broadband plan - We've reviewed your Wireless Broadband usage and the results are in View the online version Account number...	   
Secretary	Bridge Teachers Conference - To all clubs, teachers and those interested in the development of Bridge. After a hiatus of 4 years, we are pleased to advise we are planni...	Aug 10
g Buzzard	FW: RE: FW: FW: 20A South Island Pairs - Hi Judith Already done, I've emailed the Club and also Cheryl directly with an ! on the email. Are you free to attend the commi...	Aug 9
Secretary	RE: FW: Update Re: Dan Gifford Rubber Bridge - Hi there I suspect Anna took her information from an early version of the list that was being compiled. Early on in the pi...	Aug 9
Registrar of Incorp.	Reregistration for incorporated societies starts in October - No images? Click here Reregistration for incorporated societies starts in October In May 2022, we sent all s...	Aug 9
Scott	RE: Online Teaching info - Hi Cheryl - this has gone to Jill - Maybe just send to her helpers Bev Flint + Judith Sue ScottRevenue and Debtors OfficerEnvironment Southla...	Aug 9
g Buzzard	FW: 20A South Island Pairs - Hi Cheryl The bank account number for OS in this flyer is wrong. It has a 9 where there should be a zero. There may be a more up to date fl...	Aug 9
ie Somerville	Re: Online Teaching info - Send it too Jill and she might to pass it onto her helpers cheers On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 11:26 AM Invercargill Bridge Club <invbridge@gmail.co...	Aug 9
g Buzzard	Alex Blossom Teams 2 Sep - Hi Angela I'm writing as the Invercargill Bridge Club President. Could I suggest you start your teams event on the Saturday at 10am rather t...	Aug 9
i Bridge Admin	Re: Update Re: Dan Gifford Rubber Bridge - Hi Greg Thank you for advising of this misrepresentation of Otago/Southland participants. I am just home from overseas, & ...	Aug 9
Secretary	NZ Wide Pairs- From Richard Solomon - To Club Secretaries CC Regions & NZ Bridge Foundation Please find an invitation to all clubs affiliated to New Zealand Bridge to ...	Aug 8
Secretary	Lovelock NZ Wide Pairs 2023- From Richard Solomon - To Club Secretaries CC Regions & Foundation Trustees Hi there. The attached is a poster advertising the Loveblo...	Aug 6
otagosouthland.brid.	Online Teaching info - Sent from my Galaxy Subject: RealBridge & BAMSAs: Teacher and Coach Conference RealBridge and BAMSAs (Bridge: A MindSport for All) have arr...	Aug 4
g Buzzard	FW: Floodbanks - Bridge club - Environment Southland review - Hi Ladies Thanks for the catch-up the other day with Grant and me. Further to our discussion, here is t...	Aug 2
Susan Burke	Intermediate Tournament - Hi I was wanting to request seating rights for the tournament if at all possible If the entry's that you get determine that everyone must move ...	Aug 2
rilyn Jackson	No Results on Club website - Hi, to whoever can help Just wondering why there is no "Club Result" for last night's session on the website - but I see that the "X-Club R...	Aug 1
Secretary	Director assessments - dates for remainder of 2023 and 2024 - To Club Secretaries CC Regional Committees Please display the attached information at your club and a...	Aug 1
g Buzzard	FW: David Ross - Hi Cheryl Can you please send a card re David. That's a big surprise and a shock. Thanks Greg From: Annie Somerville <kiscardi@gmail.com> Sent: Tue...	Aug 1
NZ Post	A change to PO Box and Private Bag T&Cs. - An update from NZ Post. View as a Web Page Hi there, We're updating our PO Box and Private Bag services Terms a...	Jul 27
Dylan Ealam	How to communicate with your membership - View this email in your browser The communication solution for every NZ Club Is your membership asking for a more conv...	Jul 25

Annie Somerville	Re: FW: Audiology South Tournament Sponsorship for Invercargill Bridge Club - Done cheers Anne On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 2:13 PM Greg Buzzard <gbuzzard@powernet...	Jul 25
➔ Secretary	FW: Update Re: Dan Gifford Rubber Bridge - We would like to update your regions with what is happening with the Dan Gifford Rubber Bridge competition in 2023. Nick ...	Jul 24
Greg Buzzard	FW: Audiology South Tournament Sponsorship for Invercargill Bridge Club - Hi Anne Audiology South confirmed as sponsor. Could you invoice them for \$300 plus GST p...	Jul 24
Greg Buzzard	RE: Audiology South Tournament Sponsorship for Invercargill Bridge Club - Thanks Faye That's great. I can call in on Wednesday around 1.30 to 2pm if that suits. The te...	Jul 24
Faye Shefford	RE: Audiology South Tournament Sponsorship for Invercargill Bridge Club - Hi Greg Thank you for your email. I am happy for you to forward the invoice to us – I will arra...	Jul 24
Greg Buzzard	January Signed Minutes - Hi Dierdre Here's the January minutes (signed version) we've not sent through up until now for putting on the web site. I understand there ma...	Jul 24
↩ Gail and Moss Wylie	Re: Lessons tonight - Hi Cheryl Great to hear from you, I have not finished writing up my notes. I will do a session on bridge signals on Monday 21 August. Regards Moss ...	Jul 24
➔ New Zealand Amate...	2023 NSCS Opens in Four Weeks - 2023 National Sport Club Survey You are receiving this as a representative of the Invercargill Bridge Club. We hope 2023 has been gr...	Jul 22
Greg Buzzard	Audiology South Tournament Sponsorship for Invercargill Bridge Club - Hi Faye I am the incoming President of the Invercargill Bridge Club (Sue Scott our previous Presi...	Jul 21
Jan and Malcolm Bro.	Re: Returning Player to be reinstated - Hi Cheryl. Yes this was Jan Baird, a former player who has gone thru the lessons again. J On Mon, 17 Jul 2023, 12:35 pm Invercargi...	Jul 20
➔ Jean Bonsor	Alexandra Teams/Pairs Tournament - Good day Please see attached the flyer for the Alexandra Teams and Pairs Tournament - September 2nd and 3rd 2023. Regards	Jul 20
NZB	NZB Player Added - Hello 615 Invercargill Bridge Club, This automated email is to advise you that a player has been added: 55936 - Axon Vivienne Aileen. NZ Bridge	Jul 6
NZB	NZB Player Added - Hello 615 Invercargill Bridge Club, This automated email is to advise you that a player has been added: 55935 - Irvine Anthony James. NZ Bridge	Jul 6
NZB	NZB Player Added - Hello 615 Invercargill Bridge Club, This automated email is to advise you that a player has been added: 55934 - Cynthia Margaret Fitchett. NZ Bridge	Jul 6
➔ Denise Carter	Otago Bridge Club Swiss Pairs 5A tournament flyer - To the Tournament Secretary I would appreciate it if you could let your members know about our upcoming tourna...	Jun 25
Business.govt.nz	GST Fog cannon subsidy Sole traders - Tools and advice from across government to save you time and help make your business a success. Not displaying correctly? ...	Jun 23
me	June Newsletter - Hi All Welcome to the June newsletter. ILT Tournament this Sunday Get your entries in for this Sunday's afternoon handicapped tournament. \$5 and a ...	Jun 22
Sue Scott	RE: FW: Junior/Intermediate discount for first timers to Congress - Hi Cheryl Please print off for the foyer Thanks Sue Scott Revenue and Debtors Officer Environment So...	Jun 22

OUTWARDS:

Sympathy card for David Ross

To: Buzzard	Fwd: Help strengthen the security of your Google Account - Hi Greg Here is the email that we were going to get changed to your phone number as the recovery phone,...	8:08 PM
To: Buzzard	June 2023 Minutes for your signature - Hi Greg Here are the June minutes for you to sign and send to Deirdre. I'll get the May one to you soon too. Cheers Cheryl	7:31 PM
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Help needed please at Tournament Saturday 19th August - Hi there We need a couple of people to help this Saturday for the Junior/Intermediate tournament. 10am - m...	7:17 PM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: FW: Bridge Teachers Conference - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <otagosouthland.bridge@gmail.com> Date: Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 12:04 PM Subje...	7:09 PM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: Board meeting & Conference Minutes - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge.co.nz> Date: Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 1:15 PM ...	7:06 PM
To: Hughes, Brown	Fwd: need to reach members - Hi ladies Can I get you to answer direct, just in case this is unsolicited. Cheers Cheryl ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Hel...	2:27 PM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: A change to PO Box and Private Bag T&Cs. - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: NZ Post <donotreply@nzpost.co.nz> Date: Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 4:30 P...	9:48 AM
To: Scott, Buzzard	Fwd: Intermediate tournament - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Rae Dorricott <raed@farmside.co.nz> Date: Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 5:48 PM Sub...	   
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: Mini Expo - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Gillian Brock <gillian@acinv.org.nz> Date: Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 11:33 AM Subject: Mini Expo To: invbridge...	9:46 AM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: 2023 08 11 - RUGBY WORLD CUP 2023 - Notification - Just FYI ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Catherine Howard <Catherine.Howard@icc.govt.nz...	9:45 AM
To: Brown, Somerville	Fwd: Customer Statement / SISS / 2403775317 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: FI BATCH <firsustain@woolworths.com.au> Date: Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at ...	9:44 AM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: Bridge Teachers Conference - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge.co.nz> Date: Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 10:02 AM Subject...	9:43 AM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: We ran the numbers on your broadband plan - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Spark <noreply@mkt.spark.co.nz> Date: Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 1:48 P...	9:43 AM
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: Winton Club Swiss Pairs - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Alan McRae <toogoodroad@hotmail.com> Date: Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 4:16 PM Subject: Wi...	9:42 AM
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: Winton Graded Pairs 2023 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Alan McRae <toogoodroad@hotmail.com> Date: Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 10:37 AM Subject...	9:41 AM
To: Buzzard ...	Fwd: Reregistration for incorporated societies starts in October - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Registrar of Incorporated Societies <info@comms.co...	9:40 AM
To: Scott ...	Fwd: How to communicate with your membership - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Dylan Ealam <dylan@snapp.co.nz> Date: Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 5:05 P...	9:39 AM
To: Somerville	Fwd: Here's this month's Spark bill - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <SparkEbillSupport@spark.co.nz> Date: Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 12:08 PM Subject: Here...	9:39 AM
To: Somerville	Fwd: Here's this month's Spark bill - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <SparkEbillSupport@spark.co.nz> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023, 12:08 pm Subject: Here's ...	Aug 13
To: Flint, Lawton	Fwd: Online Teaching info - Fyi ----- Forwarded message ----- From: otagosouthland.bridge <otagosouthland.bridge@gmail.com> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023, 1:01 ...	Aug 9
To: Hughes ...	Fwd: Alexandra Teams/Pairs Tournament - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Jean Bonsor <jeanius508@gmail.com> Date: Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 12:03 PM Su...	Aug 9
To: Buzzard	Fwd: 2023 NSCS Opens in Four Weeks - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: New Zealand Amateur Sport Association <office@asa.org.nz> Date: Sat, Jul 22, ...	Aug 9
To: Somerville	Fwd: 2023 07 21 - Invercargill Contract Bridget Club - Tax Invoice for CLUB/4462/2000 Annual Fee due on 24 August 2023 - ----- Forwarded message ----- Fr...	Aug 9
To: Somerville	Fwd: Your Canon invoice I6941407 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <remittances@canon.co.nz> Date: Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 7:19 AM Subject: Your Canon ...	Aug 9
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: Lovelock NZ Wide Pairs 2023- From Richard Solomon - Hi everyone Friday November 10th 2023 - put this date in your diary. This is a New Zealand wide tournamen...	Aug 9
To: Scott ...	Fwd: NZ Wide Pairs- From Richard Solomon - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge.co.nz> Date: Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 4:28 PM ...	Aug 9

To: Scott ...	Fwd: Online Teaching info - Hi - just checking - Ok to send this one out to everyone? Cheers Cheryl ----- Forwarded message ----- From: otagosouthland.bri...	Aug 9
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: Director assessments - dates for remainder of 2023 and 2024 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge.co.nz> Date: Tue, ...	Aug 9
To: bcc: Hughes ...	Fwd: FW: 20A South Island Pairs - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <otagosouthland.bridge@gmail.com> Date: Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 5:28 PM Subject: FW: ...	Aug 9
To: Scott ...	Fwd: FW: Update Re: Dan Gifford Rubber Bridge - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Secretary <Secretary@nzbridge.co.nz> Date: Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 2:2...	Aug 9
To: Somerville	Fwd: 604715 Allwaste Tax Invoice 1362905 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <accounts@allwaste.co.nz> Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023, 2:05 pm Subject: 604715...	Aug 7
To: Somerville	Fwd: ATTENTION: Accounts, Statement of Accounts as at 1/08/2023 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <debtors@centrepoinliquorsupplies.co.nz> Date: ...	Aug 7
To: Somerville	Fwd: Customer Statement from SuperValue Plaza - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <office@plazasupervalue.co.nz> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023, 10:21 am Subj...	Aug 7
To: Somerville	Fwd: Statement - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: <remittances@canon.co.nz> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023, 6:19 am Subject: Statement To: <invbridge@gmail.c...	Aug 7
To: Somerville	Fwd: Invoice INV-02720 from Jim's Cleaning (Gladstone-avenal) for BRIDGE CLUB.. - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Jim"s Cleaning (Gladstone) <forms...	Aug 7
To: Somerville	Fwd: Your Triton Security Services Ltd invoice #557410 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: admin@tritonsecurity.co.nz <system@sent-via.netsuite.com> D...	Aug 7
To: Scott ...	Re: Minutes from July meeting (draft) - oops On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 4:37 PM Invercargill Bridge Club <invbridge@gmail.com> wrote: Hi everyone Here are the draft min...	Aug 2
↩ To: Scott ...	Minutes from July meeting (draft) - Hi everyone Here are the draft minutes from the July meeting. The format isn't quite correct, as it hasn't got any of the corresponda...	Aug 2
To: Somerville	Fwd: Your latest Contact invoice is now available to view - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Contact Energy <help@mycontact.co.nz> Date: Tue, Aug 1, 20...	Aug 2
To: Susan	Re: Intermediate Tournament - Hi Susan I will pass on your request. Cheers Cheryl On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 9:17 AM Susan Burke <susanburke183@icloud.com> wrote: Hi ...	Aug 2
To: Scott, Buzzard	Fwd: Intermediate Tournament - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Susan Burke <susanburke183@icloud.com> Date: Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 9:17 AM Subject: I...	Aug 2
To: Somerville	Fwd: Customer Statement / SISS / 2403775317 - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: FI BATCH <fsrsustain@woolworths.com.au> Date: Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 5:...	Aug 2
To: Winton, Gore ...	Fwd: Junior tournament - Apologies to all as you will now be aware I sent two Intermediate notices for our upcoming tournament. Attached is the Junior notice. Kind reg...	Jul 30
To: Eyles	Handicaps	Jul 29
To: Scott	Fwd: Bayleys Sthld Real Estate tournament notices - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: scotts28 <scotts28@slingshot.co.nz> Date: Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 7:59...	Jul 25
To: Winton, Te ...	Fwd: Bayleys Sthld Real Estate tournament notices - Bayleys Southland Real Estate Tournaments Please display at your club and highlight the opportunity for Junior & I...	Jul 25
To: bcc: Hughes ...	The Goss with Moss - CANCELLED FOR TONIGHT (24 July) - Hi everyone Goss with Moss is cancelled for tonight. Moss will do the lesson on discards on the 21st August...	Jul 24
To: Gail	Re: Lessons tonight - That's awesome. I'll just be printing your notes tonight before the lesson, so no rush! See you later Cheers Cheryl On Mon, 24 Jul 2023, 8:24 am Ga...	Jul 24
To: Wylie	Lessons tonight - Hi Moss Just checking that you are all good for lessons tonight? I thought I'd double check before I told the whole club. Cheers Cheryl	Jul 24
To: Somerville	Fwd: Received Payment for Invoice INV-02654 from Jim's Cleaning (Gladstone-avenal) - ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Jim"s Cleaning (Gladstone) <fo...	Jul 23

Matters arising from Correspondence –

Teachers conference email – also send to Bev, Judith and Barbara Daly (CF)
 Email re Incorporation – Greg will forward to Fergus.

That the Inward Correspondence be accepted and the Outward Correspondence be approved. **Moved:** Cheryl **Seconded:** Sue **Carried.**

FINANCIAL STATEMENT:

Matters arising from Treasurer Report –

Reminder that its end of financial year.

Jan and Yvonne to be refunded \$25 each as they can't attend the Bayleys Real estate tournament. Refund in vouchers. Cheryl to do them, Greg will let Sue know about any tournament payments that come in from now.

Treasurer report accepted with Accounts Payable of \$5,421.44 (this is less ICC leases) P&L – \$19,854.34 **Moved:** **Seconded:** Carried.

MATTERS ARISING

Action Point	Who is doing	Actioned Y or No	Comment
Potholes in Carpark –.	Lawyers		<p>Now that lease is sorted Judith will ring ICC. ICC have said that we are on the list to get this repaired. April update – Lease has now been received, but it is still showing that the Bridge Club is responsible for the carpark. It has been sent to lawyers Scholfield/Cockroft for review. May Update – Sue has a letter that says ICC is responsible for the carpark – lease is still with the lawyer. June Update – Sue has been talking to the lawyers re the lease, and if we should sign the lease if they haven't rectified the runoff from the stopbank issue. Sue will advise lawyer to go back to ICC to advise our position.</p> <p>July Update – Lawyers were liaising with ICC, Holly will be in contact with them. Greg will take some photos and send them.</p> <p>August Update – Anne and Greg were chasing up lease, as we would like to get this paid by end of August. New lawyer is Linda Whatson.</p> <p>Sept Update: Greg has sent photos to the ICC. Oct Update: Environment Southland looked at the drain and have passed a report onto ICC. Greg and Judith will go and see ICC. March Update – this is also preventing the Masons signing the lease. Greg will call ICC.</p> <p>April - Greg now has the correct contact at ICC.</p>

			July Update – Grant and Greg had a meeting with ICC on Monday 17/7/2023, and will have another meeting in 2 weeks. Will re-cap on the Environment Southland email re the flood banks. Also discussed the sign and we can put it up on the grass verge.
Light outside is out.	Grant	Actioned	Lindsay has discussed with ICC and they will get back to him. June 23 – Grant will call (NFA)
New BridgeMates	Geoff/Jan		Brought up at AGM. Jan had checked and we could get the bad-pix one repaired for \$50. Will discuss at Match committee – Geoff and Jan will follow up on options and costs.(See match report). Jan will show her contact as well.
Lessons by Moss	Greg		Suggestion of a subject was discarded. Greg will talk to Moss. Will do 21/8/2023. CF will email him to remind him.
Sign at Club	Lindsay	In progress.	Discussed having a sign outside the club. Lindsay will come up with some ideas, send them through and we can adjust if required. Greg has sent the info to Lindsay from Sonya. August update – Lindsay has looked at reflective signs. Parks have said OK for it to go on south side of driveway. But want to approve it first.
New Signatures on Bank account	Anne		Lodge form with Westpac bank.
Buy a new computer	Geoff		Has authority to buy a new laptop. Now has a quote.
Badges for new members	Cheryl		Email sent , will chase people up. Sue will add this to the notices.
Pipeband was to be approached about practicing in the carpark.	Greg		May Update – Greg will also talk to them about fibre.
Filling Vice-President role	All		Suggestions – Harry, Robyn Reidie (said no), Clare Hadley
Fire Drill	Grant		There should be a drill every 6 months. Fire department is sending info out to Grant.

Carpet in main room could have underlay tightened.	Grant		Will get a quote for new underlay. Try Regal who had previously sponsored the club.
Put paper copies of minutes up in foyer	Cheryl		
Sponsorship	Grant		Grant will approach E Hayes for sponsorship.
January Minutes not on Website – Greg will check with Deirdre.	Greg	Actioned	Also pictures of tournament winners. ILT winners Anne and Emma 2023 needs to be added.
Light invoice sent to Masons	Greg		Not sure why Masons underpaid their invoice by \$198.61, this was for a new light put in by Foveaux Communications. Greg will talk to them about it. July Update – they thought it was Capital so not paying – Greg will check lease.
Otago Southland – Dates for 2024 Congress.	Cheryl		We were asked if we would like to run it. We are going to email and say thanks for the opportunity but we are currently hosting quite a few tournaments.
Directors training	Anne		An email was sent to everyone about Directors training – If anyone is we can point them towards Anne who can let them know about it. July update – Clare was interested and did do an online course. Emma was also interested. (NFA)
Contact details on Website	Cheryl	Actioned	Cheryl will answer Sonya and let he know that the contact details on the Otago Southland website are all correct. We don't need to advertise the Thursday nights, as this is a closed Club night. (NFA)
Photos to be updated on Website	Greg		Contact Deirdre
Items for the newsletter	Greg	Actioned	Greg will contact Audiology South 29/7/2023 and will organise prizes. Push the TWIG teams, and reminder out for the Rowena Jackson tournament. Also push the Mixed Teams. Open nights – Greg will explain what they open nights are for, a chance to come along and practice a system with your partner
Masons query re Power Usage	Greg		Greg will chase up and get back to the masons. See Masons below

Community Trust email re sponsorship	Anne		Anne is looking after this.(CF to check email)
Hall Hire email – Coeliac Society	Chris		Chris will call then and check with them what they are wanting. Is \$50 for 2 hours
Email Circulation	Cheryl	Actioned	Youth Players (we don't have any). CF to also send out on-line information.
Tuesday Duties	Cheryl	Actioned	Remind convenor to count the money and put in box in the bar
Spare office key	Grant	Actioned	Grant will get some copies cut.
Chess club hire	Chris		They are looking at Friday night hire. Chris will go back to them with \$50 per night.
Doris Hannan and Whitcombe Toombes series		Actioned	It was decided that you could play either 4 different partners, or 1 partner for all four. Silver reverse can play in the Whitcombe and Toombes series.
ICC Rates rebate	Cheryl		CF to chase this up and see if we get this automatically.
Give a push for Silver reverse series winners to go and play on Monday night	Jane/Cheryl	Actioned	
Mixed Pairs finals night this week	Sue	Actioned	Sue will arrange a supper.
Cheryl will chase where the sponsorship money is from ILT.	Cheryl		

SUB-COMMITTEES REPORTS – Including ongoing matters:

Bar – Can we get a Rose? Grant will action.

Property - Doors are 2 weeks away. Grant had fixed the door that the Masons had put a hole in.

Gardner asked if she is still needed – Yes. She is paid \$25 per hour, so after 3 hours we pay her in Countdown vouchers.

Masonic Lodge (IMHBCT) – Meeting was last night. No need to worry about fibre, they have it sorted. Ice machine is sorted. They have their own tea and coffee. They have said they could sponsor a tournament.

It was suggested that they become associate members of the bridge club, and would pay a nominal fee (the club as a whole) then they would feel more comfortable to use our bar. A resolution will need to be passed at the AGM

Moved: Grant **Seconded:** Lindsay. Carried.

Social night – they will do a bingo night – no date yet.

Lease was discussed, and Greg and Grant have a rescheduled meeting with ICC.

House: - So far no offers of help. Sue will do morning tea cleanup. Grant will do the afternoon. There is a budget of \$200.

Match – meeting 2/8/2023 – Discussed Mixed Teams. Foley team will get an additional 5 points each round, as there are 3 SR players in the team. The last 2 rounds of teams could be mirror teams.

Meeting 16/8/2023 – Marilyn will be director for the Junior Intermediate tournament on Saturday.

Membership/Club Promotion:

Computer:

Health and Safety: Opening the First Aid kit is a bit difficult. Grant will put a handle on it.

Constitution Sub-committee: NZ Bridge are compiling a document. Committee – Fergus, Sherry, Greg. (Recent information from NZ Bridge has been passed onto Fergus).

O/S Regional committee – Judith came in at 7.30. TWIG tournament – we don't need to supply open people to other clubs. Push the teaching conference.

Are there any subs available for the South Island pairs? Greg discussed rubber bridge and that Southland had to play more rounds than the others.

GENERAL BUSINESS:

1. New Auditor – Greg will ask at his work. They get paid \$550.

2. Jan doing treasurer duties August and September meetings
3. Aged Concern are running a Mini Expo – Did we want to do tis? Monday 4th September. Brochures to be given out. Cheryl will help out and approach Judith.
4. Bridge Teachers conference – send to Bev, Judith, Barbara, and check with Jill on who should attend. Club will reimburse travel.
5. The honorarium were moved to be paid this year – Treasurer \$2,500, Secretary \$2,000, Computer – Geoff \$500 and Jan \$500, President \$200 to remain in the club. **Moved:** Lindsay **Seconded:** Jane.
6. Let Sue know if Reserve players are going to play after Moss’s lesson on Monday night.

Meeting concluded at 8.55 pm. Next meeting 20th September 2023

SIGNED AS A TRUE AND CORRECT RECORD

Signature : _____  _____

Date: _____ 20 September 2023 _____

Invercargill Bridge Club President
